|Posted by Harrison W1HAF on May 31, 2016 at 8:20 PM|
Today Joe, K1IKE, and I went to the Fargo Road site and installed the netbooter in the rack. This will allow us to turn on and off individual power outlets over the internet. Allowing us to be able to turn on and off individual repeaters when needed.
We also flashed the Yaesu DR1X 146.97 repeater with the latest version of the firmware and DSP software. This added several features to the repeater. Such as the ability to adjust for hysteris in the squelch and hang time. I set the hysteris to high which should keep weak stations into the repeater better. I also increased the hang time from 0 ms to 1000 ms.
Unfortunately the interference is still with us. We will have to see if we can work with the contractor on moving their antenna further away from ours.
We then went to the Vauxhall St ext site to check on the 223.96 and 53.71 repeaters. In checking the tri-band CX-333 antenna we discovered a short 21 feet away. The Polyphaser lighting protector is 21 feet away and has probably been blown out by a lighting stike. We decided to shut down the 223.96 repeater and the 144.39 APRS node to prevent any further damage. The SWR was over 13:1. We will have to schedule a day to return and change the lighting protector and hard-line jumper. We will probably need to replace the antenna also.
The 53.71 repeater antenna tested fine with an swr of 1:3 to 1. We did notice however that when the 53.71 repeater was transmitting there was some mixing of the signals with the water departments telemetry radio resulting in their receiver picking up the NWS radio on 162.55 mhz. Very strange.
It was a very productive day. I would like to thank Joe, K1IKE, for all his time and assistance. We will hopefully be able to correct the problems in the coming weeks.